Coronavirus support & information
Coronavirus looks likely to affect us all. But we have the wonderful privilege of living in a caring village community and between us we can make sure that no one is unsupported.
We are in contact with almost everyone in the parish now, so thank you for such a tremendous response and a particular thank you to everyone who is doing anything to make people happier and safer in the parish.
Anyone with Covid symptoms should get a test. Book an appointment by calling 119 or at http://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test
BOPC Volunteer Protocol
Harborough District Community Hub
South West Leicestershire Medical Group
Local support and services
Village prescription & medication collection service
Unscrupulous criminals are exploiting fears about COVID-19 to prey on members of the public, particularly older and vulnerable people who are isolated from family and friends. National Trading Standards is warning people to remain vigilant following a rise in coronavirus-related scams that seek to benefit from the public's concern and uncertainty over COVID-19. Examples include bogus HMRC tax refunds, DWP scams, fake TV Licensing emails, NHS Test & Trace scam calls and text messages.
Sensible advice is
- not to open the door if you are not sure
- always stop and think – don't click on links or attachments in suspicious e-mails or text messages
- challenge - genuine companies would never ask for financial information, passwords or log in details when contacting you. Nor would your bank ask you to move money to a 'safe' account
- talk about scams to family, friends, neighbours – spread the message
- be vigilant – always question unsolicited requests for your personal or financial information and don't pass personal information onto others and
- if you wish to confirm someone's identity, you should not use the number provided on any identification, but call the company from a trusted source i.e. the County Council switchboard from the phone book/yell.com etc.
Action Fraud - the National Fraud and Cyber Crime Reporting Centre
Leicestershire County Council Trading Standards - gives details of local scams currently operating in Leicestershire
NHS asks people to share their coronavirus symptoms to help others
A new Coronavirus Status Checker will help the NHS coordinate its response and build up additional data on the COVID-19 outbreak.
Leicestershire County Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all of residents and communities.
Relevant information regarding Coronavirus is posted here on the Leicestershire Communities website.
WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION
East Midlands Railway - Coronavirus Travel Information